Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 16084 (Who?), Viewed: 859226 times.
Page 644 of 644
Test Subject
#16076 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 6:21 AM
Hello! It's been a hot minute since I last visited here, or participated in the RLC--idk if anyone will even remember me, as I was here only briefly (although I've played the RLC in my own time a lot). My previous legacy family was the Soapberrys (Soapberries?). In-game I got to the birth of gen 7, but I only blogged partway through gen 2. Anyway, I'm currently locked out of their save file due to losing a few of my expansions; I bought them from one of those suspiciously-cheap sellers on eBay, so it was my own fault. At the time, I genuinely thought they were legit, but after a few months EA took them away and the seller got shut down. So until I shell out the money for those expansion packs again, that legacy is on hold.

The whole ordeal kind of set me off of playing Sims for a while, but going back to college always gets me in the mood to play for whatever reason, so here I am.

All that to say, I'm adding my blog to the pile. It's got a grand total of one post so far. Amazing! I'll also be working hard to catch up on everyone elses' legacies, so please be patient as I read! I promise I'll start leaving comments soon.
Test Subject
#16077 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 7:58 PM
Hello!

After a bit of break, I have a new chapter! Chapter 3.4 - Reach For The Stars
Lab Assistant
#16078 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 2:43 AM
@Noricel Glad I'm not the only one that has (briefly) jumped ship for WoW. FOR THE HORDE!

However I have an Interlude: Four Seasons: A Ballet

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Field Researcher
#16079 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagaturtle
Amazing! I'll also be working hard to catch up on everyone elses' legacies, so please be patient as I read! I promise I'll start leaving comments soon.

Great to have you back (and nice to meet you)!

I wonder if you backpatch to 1.67 from 1.69 you can use the games without relying on Origin or whatever (I hate having to be online to play too). Games from the store aren't easy either though, if you lose a computer or whatever you only have so many downloads. Wonder what the Disk packs go for (or did they not continue making them?)

Still it's better than Sims 4 (probably)! But yeah I just had to reinstall all of my mods myself because the folder disappeared during gameplay... that was weird (probably because my save folder got to be too large, not too sure). So I had to spend time over two days to recombine package files vis S3PE etc (I had saved most of my mods out of the game and it still took hours to recomine them. Lesson learned ).

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Forum Resident
#16080 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 8:30 AM
Test Subject
#16081 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM
Test Subject
#16082 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:53 AM
Hello everyone, I've been a little absent.

I had a problem with the saves of all my sims games. To organize myself, I have the games in folders with different names, for some strange reason all those folder mixed with each other and some disappeared entirely. Unfortunately this caused all my saves to become unplayable. The only save of this challenge that is playable is one of when Bellandra (first kid) is about to become a teen, which is terrible because I was more advanced in the game than in my blog. Zoe had meet all the requirements and only a couple of days were left for generation two to take over. She had managed to complete all the mixology challenges while reasing four kids with little money! I feel so frustrated.

I have to think what I'm going to do with the blog because now it's ahead of my game. I have two ideas on how to continue with the challenge, one is to replay the lost weeks . The other is to age the heir and move him/her to a new town and continue from there, because technically the first generation is finished, I was only waiting for the heir to become a young adult. I have to think that it is the best thing for the blog, the good thing is that I have enough screenshots to write a few chapters.

I am also tempted to start a new challenge while deciding what to do with this one but I'm trying to resist because I really don't have the time.
Forum Resident
#16083 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 9:13 AM
Test Subject
#16084 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsnack
Great to have you back (and nice to meet you)!

I wonder if you backpatch to 1.67 from 1.69 you can use the games without relying on Origin or whatever (I hate having to be online to play too). Games from the store aren't easy either though, if you lose a computer or whatever you only have so many downloads. Wonder what the Disk packs go for (or did they not continue making them?)

Still it's better than Sims 4 (probably)! But yeah I just had to reinstall all of my mods myself because the folder disappeared during gameplay... that was weird (probably because my save folder got to be too large, not too sure). So I had to spend time over two days to recombine package files vis S3PE etc (I had saved most of my mods out of the game and it still took hours to recomine them. Lesson learned ).

Thank you (and nice to meet you too)!

I'm not sure how to backpatch, although it would be nice to not have to play online. The games I bought online were just key codes that got sent to you via email once you purchased them. They were crazy cheap, like $2.99 per expansion. And also, apparently, fraudulent goods. The ones I have left are ones I've got physical copies of, and one Origin-bought digital. I'll probably just slowly rebuild my collection digitally, though I would prefer physical copies. But you're definitely right--anything is better than Sims 4!

I'm slowly making my way through everyone's blogs and am thoroughly enjoying myself. This weekend will be mostly reading during homework breaks, I think.

I also have a new chapter of my own!
Field Researcher
#16085 Old Today at 12:09 AM
@Wagaturtle I had the same thing happen with one of my expansions. I contacted the seller and they actually gave me a new code, and I haven't had a problem since. Maybe contact your seller just to see if they will do something?

Update: 10.1 "Vicious Monster"
Page 644 of 644