Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

rosalinda4life

There are also 2 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Wanderlust, a new Sims 2 building contest - posted on 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:19 PM
Replies: 692 (Who?), Viewed: 256648 times.
Page 2 of 28
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 2:06 PM Last edited by Cheekykinz34 : 9th Feb 2016 at 3:10 PM.
What happens when you remove the sliders from your Mods folder? Do sims revert back to their original appearance?
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:14 AM
this is amazing tested and it works! only "complaint" it's not really a complaint because I can deal with it and I know you probably can't change it is the sims' portraits moving up or down when the heights are changed, I wish they'd stay still.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekykinz34
What happens when you remove the sliders from your Mods folder? Do sims revert back to their original appearance?

Logically, the same thing happens with any other custom content that's removed, it simply goes away, I'm not sure on this though, so I'll test later.
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:08 PM
Thank you @simmythesim, The sliders works perfectly fine! plus the new bulge slider is lol awesome. I hope you consider creating more body sliders , Again thank you ! and Goodluck to your future projects.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:12 PM
I don't want to be demanding, so please ignore this if you want, but would it at all be possible to widen the range on the child height slider even more? I wouldn't want to use the extreme end of the scale for most of my sims, but there's a very particular situation that I'd like to create between children and teens, for example, if two siblings were two years apart, age 11 and age 13, that they could be nearly the same height. Or at least a bit closer than I'm able to get them right now. Like this picture here (shown is a child on the tallest height setting and a teen on the shortest height): https://40.media.tumblr.com/8e59f17...ao3_r1_1280.png

I would absolutely love to be able to mimic the look of gradual aging in my families, and the children look like they could be stretched just a little bit more. I know there would probably be clipping with objects, but I don't mind that if the trade-off is being able to age the children gradually in my families!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiejuice
I don't want to be demanding, so please ignore this if you want, but would it at all be possible to widen the range on the child height slider even more? I wouldn't want to use the extreme end of the scale for most of my sims, but there's a very particular situation that I'd like to create between children and teens, for example, if two siblings were two years apart, age 11 and age 13, that they could be nearly the same height. Or at least a bit closer than I'm able to get them right now. Like this picture here (shown is a child on the tallest height setting and a teen on the shortest height): https://40.media.tumblr.com/8e59f17...ao3_r1_1280.png

I would absolutely love to be able to mimic the look of gradual aging in my families, and the children look like they could be stretched just a little bit more. I know there would probably be clipping with objects, but I don't mind that if the trade-off is being able to age the children gradually in my families!


Imitate height changing? Heh, I'm working on it! Ever since I created the first iteration of the height mod, I thought, maybe, I could just imitate gradual aging! However, I couldn't do it at the time as, (sorry for the formatting, I'm on mobile)

1. Sliders for children couldn't be done as there were no body sliders for children to replace.

2. Sliders could only be modified in CAS and not through script mods.

3. I'm a python noob.

The reasons above caused it to not succeed. In fact, if you look through my old posts, I believe you'll find one of my old posts talking about it. Anyway, since we can now create sliders for children, and edit sliders for the Sim through python scripts, it's perfectly possible to create a mod that increases a Sims height gradually. Sorry for the long reply, and I almost forgot, yes I can extend the slider even further.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:33 PM
Thank you! That all sounds very very cool! I am looking forward to it!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:32 PM
(Regarding the safe removal of this mod...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmythesim
Logically, the same thing happens with any other custom content that's removed, it simply goes away, I'm not sure on this though, so I'll test later.


Did anyone manage to test this? I'd like to add it and check things out, but I don't want to remove it and suddenly all of my sims are walking around upside down, lol...
Instructor
#34 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentabet
(Regarding the safe removal of this mod...)



Did anyone manage to test this? I'd like to add it and check things out, but I don't want to remove it and suddenly all of my sims are walking around upside down, lol...

I can assure you that it works awesomeness
In case you remove it. Sims return no normal states. So no worries
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 11:50 PM Last edited by pentabet : 11th Feb 2016 at 12:41 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoresman
I can assure you that it works awesomeness
In case you remove it. Sims return no normal states. So no worries


Okay, thank you.

And thank you Simmythesim for taking another crack at this mod, we really appreciate it

---

ETA: So I'm trying it on my test family, and I have the sim I want to use it on selected in paused Live mode; in the cheat window I type in "add_slider Height 100". But nothing happens.
So I make sure script mods etc are checked, and back out to remove the files from the subfolder and place them directly into my Mods folder; I hop back in game and try again, but I see no change to my test sim.
I also tried turning on testingcheats, still no obvious effect. I made him change his clothes, leave the lot and return, something to trigger an appearance change, but it didn't change anything.

Was I supposed to put his name in somewhere? Did I type it wrong? I have what I think is the newest zip from today.
Instructor
#36 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentabet
Okay, thank you.

And thank you Simmythesim for taking another crack at this mod, we really appreciate it

---

ETA: So I'm trying it on my test family, and I have the sim I want to use it on selected in paused Live mode; in the cheat window I type in "add_slider Height 100". But nothing happens.
So I make sure script mods etc are checked, and back out to remove the files from the subfolder and place them directly into my Mods folder; I hop back in game and try again, but I see no change to my test sim.
I also tried turning on testingcheats, still no obvious effect. I made him change his clothes, leave the lot and return, something to trigger an appearance change, but it didn't change anything.

Was I supposed to put his name in somewhere? Did I type it wrong? I have what I think is the newest zip from today.

No you didn't do anything wrong.
The problem is: If you only downloaded ver 04 then the Tall Height package isn't there @Simmythesim , 'cos this was a correction made to the short height package and the new bulge addition.
So unless you have ver 03 you can only make sims shorter.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 1:06 AM Last edited by pentabet : 11th Feb 2016 at 1:24 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoresman
No you didn't do anything wrong.
The problem is: If you only downloaded ver 04 then the Tall Height package isn't there @Simmythesim , 'cos this was a correction made to the short height package and the new bulge addition.
So unless you have ver 03 you can only make sims shorter.


Ooooooh I see! Thanks, I'll go fix that now!

Yay it works! [ Set at "100" & "0"/Normal ]

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 3:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentabet
Ooooooh I see! Thanks, I'll go fix that now!

Yay it works! [ Set at "100" & "0"/Normal ]



Each update is meant to be standalone which means you shouldn't need previous updates for it to work. I've updated the mod to have the "Height Slider Tall" package, as version 0.04 accidentally left it out. Thanks for reporting!
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:19 AM
Unfortunately, v 0.04 bugged out my game. My sims were moving their arms up and down and couldn't interact with anything. I don't have this problem with v 0.03.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:45 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 11th Feb 2016 at 5:41 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekykinz34
Unfortunately, v 0.04 bugged out my game. My sims were moving their arms up and down and couldn't interact with anything. I don't have this problem with v 0.03.


Can you please post the lastexception file in your The Sims 4 folder, if there is one? I had this issue in development, but the latest version, as far as I tested, didn't have any issues.

Also, have you installed the bulge slider? The current version could be breaking if you don't have it.
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 5:56 AM Last edited by Cheekykinz34 : 11th Feb 2016 at 6:12 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmythesim
Can you please post the lastexception file in your The Sims 4 folder, if there is one? I had this issue in development, but the latest version, as far as I tested, didn't have any issues.

Also, have you installed the bulges slider? The current version could possibly be breaking if you don't have it.


No, I didn't install the bulge slider because I'm using these underwear replacements.

And btw, is it possible to increase the height maximum to 150/-150? I'd really like to make very short and very tall sims.
Theorist
#42 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 6:00 AM
I had something, possibly the same thing happen a couple of times when I tested, but it never occured once I took the original sliders mod out. Perhaps there's some interference there? My sim got all bent out of shape and would stop reacting properly (she'd previously been shortened by the original mod). Might be unrelated or have just been a glitch, only saw it twice.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 7:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekykinz34
No, I didn't install the bulge slider because I'm using these underwear replacements.

And btw, is it possible to increase the height maximum to 150/-150? I'd really like to make very short and very tall sims.


Oh, okay, Sims are glitching out because, the function which changes a sim's bulge relies on the bulge mod being installed, I'll fix this in the next version. The height slider is something I'm thinking of expanding too.

@Scumbumbo, I think the issue is being caused by having files from the old version of the mod still installed. Try removing all of the mod's files and put in the new files instead.
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 3:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekykinz34
No, I didn't install the bulge slider because I'm using these underwear replacements.


For the record, I have those underwear replacements too, and they don't seem to conflict with the bulge slider. Just, if you use the bulge slider, the bulge ends up looking really really big on that underwear mesh, lol!
Instructor
#45 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 7:34 AM
I had the same problem as Cheekykinz34. I only installed the height sliders - I assumed that because they were all separate that we could pick and choose. I take it this is not the case?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 7:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfromverona
I had the same problem as Cheekykinz34. I only installed the height sliders - I assumed that because they were all separate that we could pick and choose. I take it this is not the case?


They're supposed to be separate, but when I did the bulge slider, I forgot to check if the slider existed in the first place, I'll update it soon to fix this.
Instructor
#47 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 8:20 AM
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#48 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 11:15 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 13th Feb 2016 at 3:05 PM.
An update is coming soon... and it's a big one to say the least. Stay tuned!
ETA:
@pixiejuice, let's just say this update is partly thanks to you
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 4:01 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see what you've been working on!
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 6:19 PM
I love your mods But the bulge slider looks weird .. I prefer the first version that you posted on reddit (the screenshot) :/
(and for all clothes not only for underwear)
Page 2 of 28
Back to top