Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 6553 (Who?), Viewed: 249770 times.
Page 257 of 263
Forum Resident
#6401 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I figured out how to make 'custom size/shape lots' with LotAdjuster
It only works if there are other houses surrounding it, but it works well enough.

Tell us about it. What did you find out?
Field Researcher
#6402 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Tell us about it. What did you find out?

Eh, it's not the hardest thing in the world. Just use LotAdjuster to make the lots overlap. Then you can use fences to your advantage to make the shape. It's not brilliant, but it works And it's probably a known method anyway ^^;

Lab Assistant
#6403 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 6:06 PM
I just discovered a delete button that allows you to remove CC straight from CAS. No more searching through files to remove broken clothes!
Instructor
#6404 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 7:51 PM
1. Children can teach toddlers the nursery rhyme.

2. Cats actually get a lot of fun motive out of the cat tree. I didn't realize this until I tried to have a cat without a cat tree, and it became pretty hard to keep the cat's fun motive up.
#6405 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 8:52 AM
The butler can hire an exterminator...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6406 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukk
I just discovered a delete button that allows you to remove CC straight from CAS. No more searching through files to remove broken clothes!

Careful, because if you delete Default Replacements like that then you can break things. Also, it won't delete the mesh, so you'll still have to find that.
Mad Poster
#6407 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:51 PM
I love the diagonal easel mod.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Instructor
#6408 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:59 AM
I just for the first time saw what it looks like when an elder with low dance skill dances, thanks to a nanny. Very stereotypical old people dancing - pretty funny! Pretty much all of my sims are at least at dance skill 6 or so by the time they become adults.
Mad Poster
#6409 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:14 AM
@kestrellyn - have you ever seen the 'shy dancing'? I once had the male maid win a dance contest with the shy dancing.

It was quite comical, with all the other contestants dancing properly and the guy just standing there, eyes downcast, awkwardly spinning his hands around.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Instructor
#6410 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 1:57 PM
There was some hand spinning around in this nanny's dancing, but my shy sims dance just like all my other sims do, so I'm not sure I've seen what you're talking about.
Mad Poster
#6411 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:01 PM
Looks like this:

EDIT: Wrong picture! It's funny, so I'm keeping it. But the dancing looks like this:

Instructor
#6412 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:04 PM
Yeah, I think that's what the nanny was doing. But I've never seen my shy playables doing it.

Well, maybe what the nanny was doing. Now that I think about it I'm not sure.
Theorist
#6413 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:20 PM
When my sims have little or no dancing skill, they usually do the "goofy dance" where they look confused and fall over a lot.
Instructor
#6414 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:23 PM
Same here like RoxEllen1965, I've never had a sim do the shy dance . Most of my sims are pretty shy but they always switch between the normal dance and the goofy dance

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Field Researcher
#6415 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 9:28 PM
That a vampire sim can "fly here" instead of walking/running/skipping, and turns into a bat in the process. This is my first vampire sim that I've kept a vampire for more than a day or so just for the kicks, so I have never seen it was possible until now. Very cute, though.

I'd rather be shiny, like a treasure from a sunken pirate wreck.
Instructor
#6416 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 10:07 PM
I had saved just as Jenny Smith was getting out of the shower, so when I opened up my game and started on her household, she glanced down at herself and went "Eh? Oh!" at being 'caught' in the nude and spun into her outfit! I've never had a sim do that before lol

Re: the above - I love shy sims. Their flirt animations are so cute, and sometimes they do really sweet bashful things just randomly <3 I think I've seen the shy dance, but only like, once. I think they do something similar when they dance with another sim?
Field Researcher
#6417 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Looks like this:

EDIT: Wrong picture! It's funny, so I'm keeping it. But the dancing looks like this:

Good heavens, I missed this somehow while scrolling through the thread and now I've spent several minutes crying with laughter, collecting myself, looking back on the screen and starting again. I'm glad you kept the picture :D

I'd rather be shiny, like a treasure from a sunken pirate wreck.
Theorist
#6418 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:55 PM
Apartment Life's message about sub-neighborhoods; it seems Vacation Destinations do not apply to that.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#6419 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:53 PM
That kids will slide down the bannister rail while holding dishes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#6420 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
That kids will slide down the bannister rail while holding dishes.

That's an accident waiting to happen!
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#6421 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 11:08 PM
I know right. Smashed plates everywhere.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6422 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:07 AM
I once had a teenager slide down the bannister while holding an infant. I was too astounded to get a screenshot, and then I couldn't replicate it.

Lab Assistant
#6423 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:58 AM
I discovered that when eating Chinese food, Sloppy Sims will empty the whole box into their mouth instead of eating it with chopsticks. Still takes just as long, though lol.
Instructor
#6424 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:07 AM
Today I discovered that Young Adults don't put on their work clothes when the carpool arrives :0. I'm using @Lamare's Let me check my schedule mod and it's great

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

just a girl
#6425 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Today I discovered that Young Adults don't put on their work clothes when the carpool arrives :0.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I forgot to see if I can do something about it. Might be a lack of age flag in the outfits, might be something simpler to fix.
Page 257 of 263