Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 5013 (Who?), Viewed: 179101 times.
Page 201 of 201
Instructor
#5001 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Google returns nothing for that name, is he a born in game sim? Also, is one of them an elder?

Sorry Camelo Lothario my mistake. No both of them are adults, but both of them are men, and wasn't the original debate about whether same sex couples can classic dance?

Well in my game they can, and I don't seem to have an extra mod for that either, unless the SameSexMerriage mod adds that.
Theorist
#5002 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 1:46 AM
I thought since you quoted my post you were attempting to disprove it all at once, sorry. I'm pretty sure same-sex couples (both m/m and f/f) can classic dance in my game.
Scholar
#5003 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:12 AM
I just saw the post about the fire mod. I don't think I'll bother with that one. If Sims are stupid enough to run to a fire and get close enough to catch fire, they deserve to die. Harsh isn't it. I have to leave options open for killing them off. Can't have them overpopulating.
Lab Assistant
#5004 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:25 AM
I'm not sure if this is mod behavior or not, but I was playing the Smith household in Strangetown when something I have never seen in over ten years of playing occurred. Jill is a teen and is on a bit of a wild streak. She's sneaking around with boys and girls, going out on dates, throwing parties -- her parents' worst nightmare. This particular night, she had Santiago Goth over from Pleasantview. It was late, about 2am, and they were on their way up to the bedroom, sneaking past a slumbering Jenny on the couch, when Jenny jumps up and immediately starts lecturing Jill. Jill is wringing her hands and looking very sheepish and ashamed, and two notifications arise on the right-hand corner. One says, from Jenny, "Jill, this is not how we behave in this house!" and the other says "How could you violate my trust like this, young lady?" I've never seen or heard of this before! Is this standard game behavior? Has anyone else had this experience?
Mad Poster
#5005 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:34 AM
Yes. If a teen is caught coming home from sneaking out she gets this lecture from her parents. It's a random chance thing that's been there since base game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#5006 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:37 AM
That's what I figured, I was just surprised as Jill hadn't snuck out at all. She and her date had been at home the entire time, so my interpretation of it was that Jenny was appalled she had a boy over so late in the night. The reactions still translate about the same sentiment.
Mad Poster
#5007 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:23 PM
Quote:
Darn it, I want sims to be able to slow dance in silence. But I want elders to be able to classic dance with adults. A dilemma.

If you remind me I will take a look at it once brain fog is better. Need more focus-ability to look at social tests, too many levels for current capacity So remind me in say a week or two?

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
#5008 Old Yesterday at 4:12 PM
WDID: Adjacent open&close sign causes route failure in an attempt for a sim to use it. No route issue when a telephone is hanging over the stereo (though I am annoyed that pet bowls do).
Top Secret Researcher
#5009 Old Yesterday at 4:38 PM
Quote:
I thought since you quoted my post you were attempting to disprove it all at once, sorry. I'm pretty sure same-sex couples (both m/m and f/f) can classic dance in my game.
FF couples can definitely classic dance in my game (as Brandi and Dina, who accidentally developed a crush because I didn't know what classic dance was can attest).
Lab Assistant
#5010 Old Today at 4:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
As Brandi and Dina, who accidentally developed a crush because I didn't know what classic dance was can attest.

Yeah, speaking of accidental crushes, today I discovered that the interaction 'throw food' is not platonic at all. There is a fix out there, but it is too late for Angela and Dirk. Now I have ruined my chance to build up a completely platonic relationship between a man and a woman. They used to have bad chemistry, and now they have one bolt. Hope ACR does not make it even worse. A crush is enough threat as it is. Poor Tybalt has finally found love with a sweet girl who can stand him plus his temper. He would be devastated! And so would shy Hermia! She is going to lose both her new boyfriend and a friend, AGAIN! And Lilith might think Angela did not forgive her for falling in love with Dustin and that Angela has been madly in anger and seeking revenge for the past days of their lives and the twins would no longer be frenemies but just enemies once more and -and- AND GOD, how come there is always room for drama if a member of the Pleasant family is involved?

Ugh, you know what? They can all go into aspiration failure and die alone!
Theorist
#5011 Old Today at 5:55 AM
Or you could just remove the crush with the Sim Blender?
Lab Assistant
#5012 Old Today at 8:58 AM
Quote:
I thought for sure I'd had one of my same sex couples Classic Dance a few times... I'll have to check it in my game again. But isn't Classic Dance also broken so adults can't do it with elders?

That might explain it. It was an elder-adult lesbian couple. I assumed it was a same-sex thing, but apparently it's an ageist thing.
Mad Poster
#5013 Old Today at 10:59 AM
This does fix it. http://www.cyjon.net/node/419
Lab Assistant
#5014 Old Today at 11:23 AM Last edited by Annorah : Today at 5:53 PM.
Quote:
Or you could just remove the crush with the Sim Blender?

Certainly, I am aware. But I have one rule: it happens, it stays. If I do not delete 'mistakes' caused by autonomy, then by no means will I delete mine, even though it was an accident. I can work around that.

Besides, it is clear that I enjoy being dramatic, too :P
Scholar
DELETED POST
Today at 3:03 PM
This message has been deleted by frogz2007. Reason: LOL it was a joke...
Page 201 of 201