Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 6405 (Who?), Viewed: 241136 times.
Page 199 of 257
Scholar
#4951 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 11:19 PM
@simsample thanks for clearing that up. That makes sense if that is what they wanted to do...Just another little detail

I had learned today that seemingly every Tutorial neighborhood ancestor use default CAS faces for, well, their faces... Bunny Sim looks suspiciously like Brandi Broke, though...

Lab Assistant
#4952 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 5:12 AM
So, um, since I still am a little disappointed with pets in general, it has been a while since I last played a household with them, let alone a household with pets and toddlers. You might imagine, I did not know those little rug rats could crawl all the way out your backyard, head to the dang pet house and just... pass out inside

Both the cutest and most worrying scene ever. It only lacked a nervous fit from his parents after not finding the little snot-nosed anywhere.

Seriously, I love this game with all my being.
Mad Poster
#4953 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:05 AM
Just wait until they get into the pet food. Which (surprisingly) I couldn't find a picture of so have one of a cat returning the favour. XD
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4954 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:36 AM
I didn't know this - because I never run book stores - but three different books can be bought in an owned book store. When you read it they disappear into the void.
Scholar
#4955 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:49 AM
The "Ghost Hack" found on this page does NOT work on a base-game only configuration, though it apparently has a version which is for "Orig / Uni / NL"

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Theorist
#4956 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 12:48 AM
Sims kiss strangely:

Really strangely!
Lab Assistant
#4957 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Just wait until they get into the pet food. Which (surprisingly) I couldn't find a picture of so have one of a cat returning the favour. XD

Oh my god!

And the best part is that the situation is totally realisitc! I think I will play pets more often from now on
Mad Poster
#4958 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 2:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Sims kiss strangely:

Really strangely!

Using stretchskeleton and then having Sims kiss can lead to rather interesting results. In the words of my friend when I showed him the screenshot: "Get a room! ...Er, another room!"

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Scholar
#4959 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:45 AM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 9th Jan 2018 at 9:04 PM.
That going into a lot that has a house on it but no Sims, and then going back to the neighborhood makes said house a bit cheaper! You don't even have to save o_o

Edit: I should've mentioned they've never been occupied and they were pre-made by maxis/ea houses
Forum Resident
#4960 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
That going into a lot that has a house on it but no Sims, and then going back to the neighborhood makes said house a bit cheaper! You don't even have to save o_o

please explain in detail o_o...you meant to say you went into the lot on build mode, went back to neighborhood, and now it's cheaper?
Scholar
#4961 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen
please explain in detail o_o...you meant to say you went into the lot on build mode, went back to neighborhood, and now it's cheaper?

Yup. Found out through some lots in Pleasantview, they've never been occupied and I think that has to do with it. I'm starting to set up a megahood.
Scholar
#4962 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:27 AM Last edited by frogz2007 : 9th Jan 2018 at 2:57 PM.
I discovered that you can quite easily make Repo Men (and all of the other NPC's aside from the universals) look different with SimPE (Won't mention how to do it. If you know how to use SimPE I'm sure you know how. I don't want anyone to mess up their games). Here she is! I kept the "Male" gender flag intact since apparently the game hates it when you change that flag with the Repo Man...

I also just found out that the University version of Batbox works wonders in the base game!
Mad Poster
#4963 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:33 PM
I appreciate that you don't tell people how you did the things you do

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Forum Resident
#4964 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:44 PM
But the end product is very nice! Something like: The sims meets Matrix meets Man in Black and something else. (Agrees whit "gummilutt").
Scholar
#4965 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
I appreciate that you don't tell people how you did the things you do

Well admittedly I had initially said how I did it, yet I thought of the fact that some unknowing users may try what I described and the next thing they know their long-lasting neighborhood goes up in flames and doesn't load, so that's why it shows that I edited it. Hopefully I saved a few neighborhoods by doing that!
Instructor
#4966 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:19 PM
I was shocked today because an unrelated child (Angel Broke - Brandi and Bruce Rauscher's son) stowed away in the truck while a couple from a separate household (Dustin and Angela) went to work on their new business on their owned community lot (Angela Pleasant's Pottery Shack). Dustin and Angela live in an apartment complex shared with the Dreamer family and with Bruce's brood. Angel lives with Bruce. Dustin and Angela got in the community truck (after calling Darren from next door to babysit their two daughters) and, just before they left the driveway, I saw Angel slip in on the passenger side. When they got to the lot, sure enough he was there with them and made a pest of himself the whole time they were trying to work. No apparent errors or glitches. Finally, when they went home, he left with them, but when the truck arrived back home, Angel was not in it. Ooops. But in just a moment, Angel comes walking up. He, apparently, walked home from the lot. *Cue Twilight Zone music.* I still can't figure out how this is possible.
Lab Assistant
#4967 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I discovered that you can quite easily make Repo Men (and all of the other NPC's aside from the universals) look different with SimPE (Won't mention how to do it. If you know how to use SimPE I'm sure you know how. I don't want anyone to mess up their games). Here she is! I kept the "Male" gender flag intact since apparently the game hates it when you change that flag with the Repo Man...

Pardon my observation, but anyone else find Repo Woman incredibly sexy? I mean, she can come to my house and confiscate my heart whenever she wants to.
Scholar
#4968 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:13 PM Last edited by frogz2007 : 10th Jan 2018 at 12:56 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annorah
Pardon my observation, but anyone else find Repo Woman incredibly sexy? I mean, she can come to my house and confiscate my heart whenever she wants to.

Heh, I was surprised at how good she turned out. That's why I really wish that Maxis would have made the Repo NPC go both ways (in terms of what gender they may be generated as by the game). I'd toss Repo Woman's sims2pack up, though I don't know if EP users could install her since she was made in a base-game config and I know that Seasons introduced the Outerwear category. I have her properly cloned and such, so that's not the issue.

I don't wanna double post, so:

I guess the NL edition of antiredundancy works just fine in a base game only config! I called the maid service at least 15 times and kept saying no to see if the game would generate more than one maid, and sure enough, it kept the same maid for every time I had called.
Mad Poster
#4969 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 10:25 PM
The Sim Manipulator's "Change Clothes...Naked" option doesn't work on either the Tour Guide or Fire Dancer.

Also, explaining to your mother who just walked in why all the Sims on the beach are naked is kind of difficult. "Because I thought it was funny" doesn't quite cut it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Instructor
#4970 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The Sim Manipulator's "Change Clothes...Naked" option doesn't work on either the Tour Guide or Fire Dancer.

Also, explaining to your mother who just walked in why all the Sims on the beach are naked is kind of difficult. "Because I thought it was funny" doesn't quite cut it.

"Mom, it's a NUDIST beach!"
Theorist
#4971 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:30 AM
Not only can male elder sims roll wants to have children, they can roll wants to have 10 children.
Lab Assistant
#4972 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:27 PM
The shopping channel tracks are so heartwarming. So are Season's Jam Bands and New Age ones.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Theorist
#4973 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 9:13 PM
discovered many things since last post.

extra free cauldrons/spellbooks are possible; after witchery is cured and sim becomes a witch/warlock again.

octagon room tool that was added with Pets; the stacking feature Prima Guide tells is not necessarily so. while still in the tool, the starting size would be the last one that was reached before mouse was released; regardless of where we click. but exit out of the tool; starting size would be 1 on straight sides and 1 on diagonal sides.
biggest place-able room is 17 on straight sides and 15 on diagonal sides.

Belladonna Cove.
each occupied lot started paused.
several dead ancestors were offspring of their offspring and/or parents of their parents. corrected those family trees in SimPE.
noticed a stage in the DeBateau unit and an awning over the entrance of the Peterson unit.

Riverblossom Hills.
each occupied lot had at least one sim with a locked Want.
#4974 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:03 PM
Once upon a time, I put baby food into a fridge as a leftover. That's my discovery. Not sure If useful at all, as I don't have any tots in the family and currently there's no sign of putting back on the high chair.
Lab Assistant
#4975 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Not only can male elder sims roll wants to have children, they can roll wants to have 10 children.

Whoa. A virile man indeed. Three flights of stairs for me and I am done for...
Page 199 of 257