Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 5982 (Who?), Viewed: 219012 times.
Page 198 of 240
#4926 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:28 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 5th Jan 2018 at 5:17 AM.
In libraries and dorms, sometimes I put four computers on back-to-back dining tables.

Reminds me of one of my favourite pranks. Our high school library had compuers on desks facing back-to-back. Once I unplugged all the keyboard and mouses and plugged them into the opposite computers. I didn't get to see the results but they later put locks on them. Like actual physical locks so that you couldn't unplug them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#4927 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 5:39 AM
(( background info: I'm using a Stay in Love mod that lets teens who were going steady remain in love with their gf/bf even if they or their bf/gf grow up into adults. ))

I recently found out that you can age sims at a specific age so I went to try it out at my married CAS test couple. First I aged one of them down to teens and lo and behold THEY WERE STILL MARRIED. I tried to push it further and aged the other one into a teen and the other into a child. STILL MARRIED. I'm not sick enough to push past that hahaha but the thing is -- They have no memories of aging down, but all the first kiss, fell in love, proposal, and marriage memories were in tact.

This can be useful for medieval scenarios (since kids there marry as early as 12-14) or a YA Novel Post Apocalypse Distopian Story =))) or other cultures we can make up *shrug*
I just found it cute u v u
Scholar
#4928 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:26 AM
What did I discover? My PC can actually laod Zarathustra 's hospital without crashing! haha. I remember @joandsarah77 said her game crashed while trying to load the lot (did you? Can't remember) and that kinda piqued my interest so I downloaded it and moved the O'Mackey's in there after they, *cough* won the lottery */cough* and bought it out. It loads and plays, but it's definitely choppy. Of course ,I tried vsync off and that improved it somewhat, so there's that... It kinda blows my mind that someone could build such a sophisticated lot, and the Lord knows the burglars of Riverblossom Hills will have a field day with all of the goodies inside (and outside!), though I'm not going to add any burglar alarms since, well, I can just re-buy whatever they steal.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#4929 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
What did I discover? My PC can actually laod Zarathustra 's hospital without crashing! haha. I remember @joandsarah77 said her game crashed while trying to load the lot (did you? Can't remember) and that kinda piqued my interest so I downloaded it and moved the O'Mackey's in there after they, *cough* won the lottery */cough* and bought it out. It loads and plays, but it's definitely choppy. Of course ,I tried vsync off and that improved it somewhat, so there's that... It kinda blows my mind that someone could build such a sophisticated lot, and the Lord knows the burglars of Riverblossom Hills will have a field day with all of the goodies inside (and outside!), though I'm not going to add any burglar alarms since, well, I can just re-buy whatever they steal.

Yes, I said that. My computer is 8 years old and on its last legs. It badly needs this upgrade to happen yesterday.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4930 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:30 PM
So apparently, if the fridge is destroyed in a kitchen fire, leftovers are still intact and will be there when you buy a new fridge. Fresh food is lost however.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
#4931 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:36 PM
While searching the forum for my mentions of the Great Crash, I found this from August 2016:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
My longest-lasting hood was Hazelton, which began in January of 2015 shortly after I got the rest of the EPs (I originally had The Sims 2, and then Double Deluxe). I stopped playing it September of the same year for various reasons.
Springwater suffered the Great Crash after a brief three months, and Black Mesa lasted about six before Sims started appearing with missing heads.

Actually, seeing as I started Oakbrook in january of this year, if I can keep it going another two months it'll surpass Hazelton in longetivity.

I just realized now that sometime this month, Oakbrook will be two years old.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4932 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 2:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
So apparently, if the fridge is destroyed in a kitchen fire, leftovers are still intact and will be there when you buy a new fridge. Fresh food is lost however.

It would be hilarious if all the leftovers were now burned though. XD
Lab Assistant
#4933 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
The link to MATY talks about a fix or hack about sim temperature; was it ever done?

I believe that's referring to this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7708.0
Scholar
#4934 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 12:01 PM
Well: I learned that default replacements for Maxis clothes are a thing.. Yeah. I can't believe I never picked up on their existence! I love it!
Scholar
#4935 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 1:21 PM
sims can sneak upstairs! i saw a heavily pregnant brandi broke just do it
Screenshots

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
#4936 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 2:32 PM
Sims will sneak when coming to drop off date flowers/outing gifts. I had one Sim get on the porch, block himself in by putting a dance sphere in front of the stairs, and get stuck sneaking back and forth for an hour before I decided to move it out of the way.

Scholar
#4937 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:42 PM
it wasn't a date or outing,it was a birthday party

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Theorist
#4938 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
it wasn't a date or outing,it was a birthday party

I have had sims sneak up to drop gifts off and when they are invited back over they sneak up to ring the bell. If they share the same household they sneak up on everything, until I close out the game and reload game. I think the sneak mode gets stuck some how. But, I have a sims that has a house that her front door is on the second level, and I can honestly say that the animation for sneaking up the stairs is just so adorable.
Scholar
#4939 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM
In Bluewater Village I recently discovered that I have missing pieces of road in the Neighborhood.

I don't know how this started.

The only thing that I did recently was to bulldoze a tiny temporary lot.

I discovered that after I had bulldozed the tiny temp lot, that another piece of road is now missing.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#4940 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 12:29 AM
Townies can apparently send your sim expensive TVs and computers over the phone.
Scholar
#4941 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:37 AM
That this gem was hiding in one of the game's files...

Forum Resident
#4942 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:41 AM
Herb and Coral Oldie are not in love with each other? Is this why they adopted Mary-Sue? Cos they couldn't get it on???
EDIT: I tried cracking the mystery by moving them in with the Pleasants:

Apparently Herb kept telling Coral jokes she did not like and they fell out of love. This family in general needs professional help.
Screenshots
Scholar
#4943 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 9:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen
Herb and Coral Oldie are not in love with each other? Is this why they adopted Mary-Sue? Cos they couldn't get it on???

Apparently Herb kept telling Coral jokes she did not like and they fell out of love. This family in general needs professional help.

You wouldn't believe how many times Herb has done that in my game! My gosh.
#4944 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:19 PM
Graves turn concrete into grass beneath them.

Field Researcher
#4945 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote:
That this gem was hiding in one of the game's files...

This picture is used for certain reflections if I recall correct.
Scholar
#4946 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prah
This picture is used for certain reflections if I recall correct.

The image name was "envmap" or something. Found in the Textures file found in the installation directory. I know the game uses a panoramic image of a house for the taxi's back-window, but I haven't seen the neighborhood terrain image I uploaded. The sky looks rather different compared to what the final game uses..
Forum Resident
#4947 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:58 PM
I did not have the time to play this weekend but I can tell you a thing from last week. I was playing in the uni subhood and I do claim it comes out of the box whit some sure issues. One of the things I do have problems whit is that the non playable sims (premade students) can and do appaer two times at the same community lot. So last saturday I did play my sim and sent her of to play some musik. At the same time she arrived at the lot a male student also arrived and he did it first in his everyday wear and directly after in that black jacket whit the lama on it (that secret society thing you know). Yes, It WAS the same premade student.
Mad Poster
#4948 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzen

What a way to start some drama

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Instructor
#4949 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:53 PM
Today I noticed for the first time if you direct a Sim to skate at the roller rink they will enter the rink and skate with in-line skates. However when the Sim skates autonomously they do so in roller skates. In all these years I've never noticed this before; it's amazing that I'm still discovering small details about the game. I can't believe I missed this.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#4950 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:47 PM
Quote:
The image name was "envmap" or something. Found in the Textures file found in the installation directory. I know the game uses a panoramic image of a house for the taxi's back-window, but I haven't seen the neighborhood terrain image I uploaded. The sky looks rather different compared to what the final game uses..

It's an envcube- environment cube map. The one used for cars has conifer trees in it, which I always think looks really odd in Strangetown. Would be good if there was a way to use this one for desert terrains- perhaps that's what Maxis originally wanted? The sky is 'shopped- you can see that it doesn't reach the horizon. Although, the basegame did have clouds.
Page 198 of 240