Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 235 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:19 PM
Default Forgotten Hotkeys
I have been using a hotkey combination for a long time then I forgot when I stopped playing. It was a hotkey for continuously placing items without having to reselect the item. Do you guys know what it is? Thanks again.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:20 PM
Holding down shift while putting down objects lets you put down multiples, unless you're in a dorm.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Holding down shift while putting down objects lets you put down multiples, unless you're in a dorm.

Well, that was quick. Thank you! I was pressing ctrl instead of shift that is why it wasn't working. Thank you, kind stranger!

Instructor
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:55 PM
I learn more about this game everyday.

and Im not even playing right now

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
#5 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:40 PM
The < and > keys can also be used to rotate. Add "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" to userstartup.cheat and it'll rotate it at 45-degree angles as well, though not all objects work properly - in-ground hot tubs, in particular, suffer from both visual glitching and pathfinding errors. I believe you also need a hack for Sims to be able to watch TV from an angle.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#6 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I believe you also need a hack for Sims to be able to watch TV from an angle.

Correct, here is the mod. very handy.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:09 PM
about the < and > keys; the keys that would work would be the non-Shift versions of those keys (, and .).

last I checked, Shift does not work with stairs or fireplaces. but it did work with all other object types. that was before getting my most recent packs.
Shift with wall, half-wall, fence; equivalent to "Room" tool.
Shift with floor/wall cover; cover all of respective type in the "enclosed" area.

some of the keyboard shortcuts are mentioned in the Learn to Play section of game.
expansion added shortcuts; those are mentioned in the Prima Guide of the respective expansion.
#8 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:30 PM
Strangely enough, there's no mention of that duplication trick. Hmh... some guides need to be updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:34 AM
Do you guys know more tricks that I can use? That would be really helpful.