Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 909 (Who?), Viewed: 212065 times.
Page 37 of 37
Mad Poster
#901 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 12:40 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 16th Jan 2018 at 5:19 PM.
OMG! Do not bother with the Man in the High Castle or anything by Phillip K. Dick, ever. That was a horrible story! Just stupid.

All of the above is told in broken English with few complete sentences. The pertinent parts are mostly hinted at. Crap. The book was crap. I also learned far more about the I cheng than I ever wanted to know. Apparently, Dick was fascinated by it and fashioned the ENTIRE story around it.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Instructor
#902 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:32 AM
I accidentally started reading Harry Potter again a while ago, even though I have a million new books I've never read, and now I'm on book four. But Harry Potter is just such a comfort zone for me. It's hard for me to find the energy to read, but Harry Potter is just so easy to get into again.
Mad Poster
#903 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:29 PM
Never read HP, but I know books like that. They just feel like home.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
#904 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:19 PM
The Hidden Life of Trees. It's written by a man in Central Germany who had 20 years of forest ranger experience. It's got rather in-depth knowledge of the tree anatomy and functions.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#905 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 11:36 PM
I finished 'Turtles all the way down' by John Green while I was at uni so I picked up 'Wonder' by R.J. Palacio at ASDA to read on the train ride home. So far it's pretty good.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#906 Old 18th May 2018 at 1:32 AM
Just finished Norse Mythology, as retold by Neil Gaiman. Before that a couple of books by Matt Haig (The Radleys and Humans), both of which were a quick, light read. Currently reading my "comfort zone" - a PG Wodehouse collection.
Scholar
#907 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 12:06 AM
i want to buy 1984 and read that but not reading anything at the moment.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#908 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 3:07 PM
Fiction: The Switch, about a guy who accidentally picks up the wrong Macbook at the airport, and because the owner's assistant is really bad at his job and botches an attempt at recovery, the guy twigs on to the fact that there's something wicked in the laptop and he could do a public service by sharing it with the media.

Nonfiction: A Crack in Creation, which is about the discovery of the CRISPR gene editing tool which may be able to cure a lot of diseases and eventually create superhumans. Well, cure diseases, anyway. People get distressed when you mention creating superhumans, but I want Khan Noonien Singh!
Alchemist
#909 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:33 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Jul 2018 at 2:21 PM.
Japanese Soul Cooking by Tadashi Ono and Harris Salat.

I bought it on a whim for my Kindle app and I've been planning to try Tanuki Soba and Kitsune Udon. Now that I know the secret to get shrimp to lay flat when deep fried for Tempura, I can stop pondering that question along with how toothpaste is put in the tube.

I actually may buy more ebooks from Kindle. I had a lot of samples of cookbooks, language phrasebooks, manga, the Garfield compilations dating back to Garfield at Large on June 19, 1978, when Garfield walked on 4 legs and the design was heavy on the lineart details for characters and the remaining Captain Underpants books.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
#910 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:54 AM
Shadowed Souls. It's a collection of short stories from various authors, including a standalone story about Molly in Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series.

I like that most of the stories I've read so far are explained just enough to make sense, even if I haven't read a single story by any of the other authors. The stories are engaging enough to be a good read, even with no previous relationship to the characters.
Page 37 of 37